One decision, one choice can change your life forever.
Tune in for an interview with:
Marc and Mindy Van Huizen, the parents of 16-year-old Utah state prisoner Cooper Van Huizen.
1. Change.org Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/presiding-judge-brent-w-west-rescind-the-sentence-of-16-year-old-cooper-van-huizen
2. Indiegogo Legal Defense Fundraiser: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/support-16-year-old-cooper-van-huizen-s-defense-fund/x/522096
3. Lend Your Voice to Free Cooper Van Huizen Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/LENDYOURVOICE2FREECOOPER
4. Help Support Cooper… Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-support-Cooper-Van-Huizen/1397330323885912
5. FREE COOPER VAN HUIZEN Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FREECOOPERVANHUIZEN/
Episode 74 of Ol Ute Radio begins with Rebecca and Sascha discussing the state of OUR and the exciting upcoming guests lined up for the rest of June. They talk a bit about their excitement for the Joey Diaz performances in West Valley in the next couple days.
The two happily welcome Kai Medina-Martinez and Kiko Lian of the University of Utah’s LGBT Resource Center into studio for an hour of hard-hitting discussion. The four venture into some topics that affect LGBT students on campus, including gender-neutral pronouns, non gender-specific bathrooms and housing options. They also clarify some of the questions many may have involving correct and respectful terminology in regards to trans* students.
We loved having the LGBT Resource Center in studio and we love our listeners! For more information on their services and office location, visit lgbt.utah.edu and follow them on Twitter @UofULGBTRC for more. They are also on Facebook at facebook.com/LGBTResource